24. 5 biggest mistakes designers make
5 biggest mistakes designers make
- FEEDBACK. It’s very important to get feedback throughout each and every step of the brand-building, design and production processes. Feedback will help you create the right product, build a recognizable brand, start getting some sales and ultimately be successful!
- GET CONSULTANTS / MENTORS. Get help from professionals who’ve been doing it for many years. This will save you both time and money, and help you avoid making unnecessary mistakes. Better to pay a mentor or consultant than paying for your mistakes and wasting a lot of time on missteps. There is a good reason why most successful people in the world have mentors and consultants.
- PRICING. Correctly pricing your product and any time spent on building of your product will determine whether you’ll be successful in the future. Most of the time, it’s because of incorrectly priced products that designers are not able to see any profits or become successful.
- MARKETING. Marketing is one of the most important aspects of your sales. No matter how good or beautiful your product is, it means nothing without marketing. Successful marketing is what will help your product to start selling now and in the future. Successful marketing will achieve substantial brand awareness, and successful marketing will be what ultimately makes your product popular, trendy and in demand. After your product is built and your website is up and running, you should spend no less than 80% of your time on marketing your brand and your product.
- CONSISTENCY. Consistency is last-- but one of the most important factors of the success of your collection. If you aren’t consistent with your ideas, there will be no collection. If you aren’t consistent with your production, there will be no great jewelry made by you, if you aren’t consistent with your marketing, there will be no sales. If you aren’t consistent in general, there will be no success. Consistency is one of the biggest and most important keys to your success and to the success to your brand.
Subscribe for More FREE Tips on Jewelry Design Process